Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Runtime questions
jasonws
Hi, I'm interested in using genReport.sh to build reports.
I designed the report on a Windows computer, and the report will be built on a Linux server.
The name and location of the CSV file will be different every time genReport.sh is run.
How do I tell genReport.sh or the .rptdesign file the name and location of the CSV file?
I believe I need to assign a parameter in the Home Folder field, and set the parameter in the genReport.sh command, but I'm unsure of the details.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jasonws
I'm still having a little trouble with this. I entered HomeFolder into the field for the Home Folder Property Binding. I have the report and flat file in the same directory, and from that directory I run the following command:<br />
/opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/genReport.sh BMFInvoice.rptdesign<br />
<br />
and<br />
<br />
/opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/genReport.sh -p HomeFolder=. BMFInvoice.rptdesign<br />
<br />
In the results of both I get the following error:<br />
Cannot open flat file database under directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\Flat Files<br />
<br />
So it's obvious to me that I'm not doing this right. Any assistance would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jasonws'" data-cid="69715" data-time="1288027040" data-date="25 October 2010 - 10:17 AM"><p>
Hi, I'm interested in using genReport.sh to build reports.<br />
<br />
I designed the report on a Windows computer, and the report will be built on a Linux server.<br />
<br />
The name and location of the CSV file will be different every time genReport.sh is run.<br />
<br />
How do I tell genReport.sh or the .rptdesign file the name and location of the CSV file?<br />
<br />
I believe I need to assign a parameter in the Home Folder field, and set the parameter in the genReport.sh command, but I'm unsure of the details.<br />
<br />
Any assistance would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>