Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
LDAP Authentication For TeamSite on Windows
sunil_j
Hi,
I wish to autheticate TeamSite users using a Directory Server (LDAP) and I have made the required changes in the iw.cfg file.
The authentication is working, but it needs a user account on the local operating system also along with the user information on the LDAP. On a solaris environment I can point my Solaris OS for an LDAP authentication by making LDAP as the primary naming Service. How to do the same under a Windows environment? How can I point my Win 2K Advance Server to use a LDAP server as the Primary authentication server and thus get myself free of creating local OS level user account?
Any help is highly appreciated !
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Any NT shop that
uses a third party LDAP server for user authentication runs a
synchronization service. The "NT Synchronization Service"
that ships with the iPlanet/Netscape LDAP server is one
of the most widely used. Here's how it works:
http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/directory/41/admin/ntsynch.htm