Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need some set up project advice for debugging
TroySwRI
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum to post this, it didn't really seem to fit any where else.
Just a quick note, I'm new to java and the java environment. I come from a .net background. I'll get right to the point here. I'm using Eclipse (the one for Java and Report Developers). I've created an eventhandler for the report, I'm able to run the report and get into debug mode in the onFactory event. I'm running the report by debbuging it as a report from within Eclipse. I've gotten that far with no problem. What I want to do in this report is get access to httpServletRequest object from the reportContext object so I can view session variables that are set in a jsp. The only way I can see doing this is by setting up the BIRT viewer project in Eclipse and debbug the app from the moment I enter the viewer. The jsp page is basically a login page that sets up some session variables and is my entry point to the viewer before I pass all the parameters to the frameset servlet. The jsp resides in the birt viewer folder.
My question is how do I set this up in eclipse? I know this question probably requires a lengthy explanantion, but I'll appreciate any tips or pointers. Ideally I'd like to have the birt viewer app in an eclipse project where I could run it right from eclipse and serve it up through tomcat. I'm just not sure if this is possible and/or how to do it.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet