Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
iPortal Skin problems
mcremer
Goodday,
Im at the moment getting my self orientated in the Actuate iServer Express and I am using the Trail version for this. While I was checking browser compatibility I came a cross what may be a bug.
In the iPortal you have on the trail version 3 skins namely Classic Skin, Tabbed Skin and Tree view Skin.
Now I have installed the newest Chorme and IE 8 and Firefox 3.6 and Opera 10. Now all Skins work fine exept the Tree View Skin in Chrome it stays blank. Now this is not really a big thing because most users use IE because its pre installed but if we come across a user that uses a diffident browser and uses Chrome he/she will have problems using the interface if we set the Default Skin to Tree View.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jhelbling
Hello mcremer,
As mention on this page only IE and Firefox are supported ... :
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/HTML10SP1/InformationConsole/using-ip/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm
You will need to go in the following menu to find the information : Introducing Actuate Information Console > About Actuate Information Console
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jhelbling'" data-cid="69936" data-time="1288702206" data-date="02 November 2010 - 05:50 AM"><p>
Hello mcremer,<br />
<br />
As mention on this page only IE and Firefox are supported ... : <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/HTML10SP1/InformationConsole/using-ip/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/HTML10SP1/InformationConsole/using-ip/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm</a><br
/>
<br />
You will need to go in the following menu to find the information : Introducing Actuate Information Console > About Actuate Information Console<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Your rite I found the text:<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Because Information Console is a browser-based application, only a web browser is needed. Internet Explorer 7.x and 8.x, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and 3.6.9, and Safari 4 or later are the browsers supported for use with Information Console. After entering the web address of Information Console, a user logs in to receive access to files and dashboards on the Encyclopedia volume.</p></blockquote>
<br />
Weard tho Safari and Chrome are webkit guess there are some small difrences between them. I hope support for Chrome comes (opera seems to work fine).