Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stored procedure parameter - how to?
cvh
Hello all,
I have a stored procedure in my database that expects a single parameter to return some records. I have successfully created a report parameter which asks the user to select from a list of client names. I now want to create a new data set based on this stored procedure. My problem is I don't know how to pass the report parameter to the stored procedure. As far I can see, there are two possibilities where one might do this:
(1) see Screenshot-0 below - I can succesfully insert the procedure name, but how do I insert the parameter in place of 'arg1,arg2, ...'?
Screenshot-0
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
The (arg1,arg2,...) portion needs to be completely replaced with your values.
EX one static value and one parameter would look like this.
{call myProc('Management',?)}
Then on the DataSet Parameters tab, create a new parameter that will be bound to the ?.
If you have multiple ?, you must create a DataSet parameter for each ? (in order).
cvh
That works perfectly, thank you thuston!