Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unexpected end of file
henningp
Hi All,<br />
<br />
I changed a line of my sql-statement in my dataset and now I'm getting continuously the error<br />
<br />
An unexpected internal exception occurred. <br />
Error Code:Error.GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException<br />
Error Message:Unexpected end of file<br />
<br />
when I try to edit the dataset or preview the report. I reverted the changes in the XML-File but the error is still there!<br />
<br />
At first the SQL-Code was:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SELECT
w.combinedname_reversed as name,
MIN(wp.controldaysquantity) AS maxDays,
[...]
FROM
flatworkpackagesview w LEFT JOIN workpackages wp
ON wp.id = w.id
GROUP BY w.combinedname_reversed
ORDER BY w.combinedname_reversed;</pre>
<br />
I changed it to:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SELECT
w.combinedname_reversed as name,
-- Only for example
CASE
MIN(wp.controldaysquantity) WHEN 1 THEN 0
ELSE MIN(wp.controldaysquantity)
END AS maxDays,
[...]
FROM
flatworkpackagesview w LEFT JOIN workpackages wp
ON wp.id = w.id
GROUP BY w.combinedname_reversed
ORDER BY w.combinedname_reversed;</pre>
<br />
Then the error occurs. But it still occurs when I change the code to the previous version.<br />
<br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Henning
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
That is strange. Maybe you have an invalid character?
Try removing all --comments and whitespace (tabs and new lines).
Also remove the ; from the end.
Essentially, toss everything you don't need.
If it still fails, try and make a new DataSet and then compare the XML and see if you can find a difference.
henningp
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="70019" data-time="1288877685" data-date="04 November 2010 - 06:34 AM"><p>
If it still fails, try and make a new DataSet and then compare the XML and see if you can find a difference.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
After my revert the SQL is exactly the same, but the xml-code changed in the following lines:<br />
<br />
<span style='color: #2E8B57'>Working:</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<list-property name="parameters">
<structure>
<property name="name">kstName</property>
[...]
</structure>
</list-property>
</pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>Not working (it lost the name)</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><list-property name="parameters">
<structure>
<property name="name">param_1</property>
[...]
</structure>
</list-property></pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #2E8B57'>Working:</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<structure name="cachedMetaData">
<list-property name="resultSet">
<structure>
<property name="position">1</property>
[...]
</structure>
</list-property>
</structure></pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>Not working (this structure is emtpy):</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><structure name="cachedMetaData"/></pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #2E8B57'>Working:</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><list-property name="resultSet">
<structure>
<property name="position">1</property>
[...]
</structure>
</list-property></pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>Not working (list-property with name resultSet does not exist)</span><br />
<br />
<br />
<span style='color: #2E8B57'>Working:</span><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><list-property name="paramBindings">
<structure>
<property name="paramName">kstName</property>
<expression name="expression" type="javascript">params["kstName"].value + "%"</expression>
</structure>
</list-property></pre>
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>Not working (list-property with name paramBindings does not exist)</span><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I can't find any special characters in the xml-file. Is there a way to get my sql-statement working?
CBR
try to remove trailing ; in your sql statement
henningp
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>try to remove trailing ; in your sql statement</p></blockquote>
<br />
It didnt solve the problem
henningp
It works when I change the SQL-Code in the xml-file and not in the Dataset-Editor.
I don't know why, but it works this way.
I won't touch the dataset-editor in this project anymore