Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Headers in Cross Tab
kpelzer29
I have a Cross Tab with multiple groups/dimensions. Is there any way I can add headers for each group/dimension so the user can easily tell what the data below represents?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you talking about row dimensions? If so, there is a "header block" in the top left of the crosstab. You can place a grid in here and size it the same as your row dimension cells and put labels in the grid to tell what the below row dimension is. Hope this helps!
kpelzer29
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Thank you! That works very well when I am previewing the report, but if I run the report as a .pdf file, I am not able to get the columns in the grid to line up with the columns in the cross tab. I set the width of each of the columns in the grid to the same value as the width of the row dimension cells. Any ideas?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="70099" data-time="1289255381" data-date="08 November 2010 - 03:29 PM"><p>
Are you talking about row dimensions? If so, there is a "header block" in the top left of the crosstab. You can place a grid in here and size it the same as your row dimension cells and put labels in the grid to tell what the below row dimension is. Hope this helps!<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? Can you recreate the issue with the sample database and attach the report in here. I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can figure out to help!
kpelzer29
Attached is a report where the columns in the grid do not line up in the cross tab when running the report in .pdf format. I created this report using 2.6.0., but at work I am using 2.6.1. Thank you again in advance!
mwilliams
If you remove the borders, it seems that they line up perfectly. You may just have to consider the width of the border line when you size the columns of the grid to match up.
You could always request an enhancement for a feature that allows you to include row dimenion headers automatically in this area without having to make them with a grid.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/