Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report file version problem
cvh
Hello all,<br />
<br />
I'm new to BIRT (using v2.6.0). I have a report which I have designed using the Eclipse environment. I can run the report (manually) successfully. I'm now trying to run the same report by calling it from my application, but it fails due to a report version error:<br />
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file file:/home/clive/workspace/FinalReport/FinalReportAllSubscriptions.rptdesign has error and can not be run.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:260)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:304)<br />
at com.searchsystem.core.FinalReportGenerator.runReport(FinalReportGenerator.java:85)<br />
at com.searchsystem.core.FinalReportGeneratorTest.testRunReport(FinalReportGeneratorTest.java:33)<br />
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br />
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)<br />
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)<br />
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)<br />
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)<br />
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)<br />
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)<br />
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)<br />
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)<br />
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)<br />
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)<br />
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)<br />
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:49)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)<br />
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)<br />
Caused by: Error.DesignFileException.INVALID_XML - 1 errors found! <br />
1.) ( line = 0, tag = null) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.UNSUPPORTED_VERSION, message : The report file of version "3.2.22" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one.)<br />
<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:116)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.java:88)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSessionImpl.openDesign(DesignSessionImpl.java:314)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandleImpl.openDesign(SessionHandleImpl.java:294)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:158)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)<br />
... 30 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException: The report file of version "3.2.22" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleState.parseAttrs(ModuleState.java:112)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.startElement(ModuleParserHandler.java:257)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:504)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:770)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1340)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1293)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3080)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:899)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:625)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:488)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:812)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:741)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1208)<br />
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:525)<br />
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:392)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:94)<br />
... 35 more<br />
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException: The report file of version "3.2.22" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleState.parseAttrs(ModuleState.java:109)<br />
... 51 more</span><br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
<br />
Clive
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
The error says that the BIRT Report Engine which is integrated in your Application is older then the BIRT Designer version in which your report was designed.
If you use BIRT 2.6.0 you have to update your Application and integrate Report Engine version 2.6.0. Another alternative is to design your reports using the same BIRT Designer version as the one that is integrated in your application.
cvh
Thanks for your reply, CBR. <br />
<br />
The first few lines of the XML source for my report read as follows<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.22" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.1.v20100902 Build <2.6.1.v20100915-1750></property>
<property name="units">in</property>
<property name="iconFile">/templates/blank_report.gif</property>
<property name="bidiLayoutOrientation">ltr</property>
<property name="imageDPI">96</property>
<parameters></pre>
<br />
My BIRT runtime is birt-runtime-2_6_0, downloaded from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/info/eclipse-birt-sample-viewer/'>here</a>.<br
/>
<br />
Given that I am running the latest runtime, do I need to downgrade my BIRT Designer? If so, how do I do that in Eclipse? I installed BIRT into Eclipse using the<br />
<br />
BIRT Update Site - <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/update-site/2.6'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/update-site/2.6</a>
; location<br />
<br />
Thank you for your time.<br />
<br />
Clive
cvh
EDIT - I found a later runtime <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>here</a>
;
<br />
<br />
Now I have an OSGI platform startup error, but think I can get past that.