Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Border in XLS
dixie
Hi,
I have a report which is designed to fit on an A4-Page. This does perfectly work for PDF and Word-format.
Exporting it to Excel, the border-settings are not taken. Instead it uses some kind of default border widths (in my case 2,5 cm, which causes the report to be of 4 instead 1 pages).
Even if I set the border to 0cm, it works fine for PDF and Word but not for Excel.
Any idea? I'm using the default XLS emitter, Birt 2.6.0 and Excel 2003.
BTW: The Orientation-Setting is taken from the masterpage.
Thanks in advance,
Dirk
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dixie
Hi,<br />
<br />
I did some more investigations and found the following:<br />
<br />
If I generate a report as XLS using Birt, the resulting PageSetup-XML-Node inside the Workbook looks like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><PageSetup>
<Layout x:Orientation="Portrait"/>
<Header/>
<Footer/>
</PageSetup>
</pre>
... even if I configure page margins in the masterpage. <br />
If I open a new worksheet in Excel, change the border values and save it as XML, the XML-Node looks like this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><PageSetup>
<Header/>
<Footer/>
<PageMargins x:Bottom="0.984251969" x:Left="0.78740157499999996" x:Right="0.78740157499999996" x:Top="0.984251969"/>
</PageSetup></pre>
<br />
<br />
So it looks to me, that the XLS-emitter does not generate the PageMargins-Node, right?<br />
<br />
Any idea how to force the page margin values to be generated?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Dirk
dixie
Attached you can find the rptdesign and the resulting PDF, DOC and XLS.
DOC and PDF look fine. XLS does'nt.
Looking forward to your replies.
dixie
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dixie'" data-cid="70076" data-time="1289226547" data-date="08 November 2010 - 07:29 AM"><p>
Attached you can find the rptdesign and the resulting PDF and DOC.<br />
<br />
DOC and PDF look fine. XLS does'nt.<br />
<br />
Looking forward to your replies.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
dixie
It's me again.<br />
Since I did not get any answer yet, I looked into the code and could see, that there's a fix on the way :-)<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href=' <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/source/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel/src/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/emitter/excel/ExcelXmlWriter.java?root=BIRT_Project&r1=1.31&r2=1.31.2.1'>http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/source/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel/src/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/emitter/excel/ExcelXmlWriter.java?root=BIRT_Project&r1=1.31&r2=1.31.2.1'</a>>Here</a><br
/>
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/source/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel/src/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/emitter/excel/ExcelXmlWriter.java?root=BIRT_Project&r1=1.31&r2=1.31.2.1'>http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/source/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel/src/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/emitter/excel/ExcelXmlWriter.java?root=BIRT_Project&r1=1.31&r2=1.31.2.1</a>
;