Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
grouped report
birtprofi
Hi guys,
I need your help. I dont know if its possible but I am think so, because BIRT is a really great tool to work with.
I would like to make a grouped report with two column lists. But I have to different tables. See attached file. table AUSGABE and table PROJEKT
AUSGABE.AUS_DATUM = PROJEKT.PRO_DATUM and
AUSGABE.AUS_MA_NR = PROJEKT.PRO_MA_NR
It would be perfect if it is possible to make a
group AUS_DATUM = PRO_DATUM
subgroup AUS_MA_NR = PRO_MA_NR
and then
rows from AUSGABE on the left side | rows from PROJEKT on the right side
Should I make therfore a join data set? Or should I join the tables in one sql statement?
Or is there also another way?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Depending on your data there are two approaches.
1) Join the two DataSets (Use SQL or BIRT Joint DataSet).
2) Parameterize one DataSet and use nested tables. The outer table can group and set parameters for each instance of the inner table (in the nested binding).
birtprofi
Hi thuston,
thanks a lot. the function with nested tables work very well. Now I will made some testings. If I have further question I come back to this topic.
best regards
birtprofi
Hi guys,
please give me your help. I am a newbie by working with nested tables. thuston wrote:
"2) Parameterize one DataSet and use nested tables. The outer table can group and set parameters for each instance of the inner table (in the nested binding)."
I could run nested table for one parameter, but not for two parameters. So please taka a look and maybe (if you have time) you could make the correct settings in my report.
I have one DataSource and two different tables.
table AUSGABE and PROJEKT
field AUSGABE.AUS_DATUM = PROJEKT.PRO_DATUM and
field AUSGABE.AUS_MA_NR = PROJEKT.PRO_MA_NR
the report should do this:
first group Projekt.Pro_Datum
second group Projekt.Pro_Ma_NR
Details of Projekt || Details of Ausgabe
(should look like template "dual column listing)
thuston
Select the nested table and go to Properties pane.
Choose Binding and click 'Data Set Parameter Binding' button.
In here you can select the outer table's row value that should be used as the nested parameter value.
birtprofi
Hi thuston,
it works with one paramater, but it dont works with 2 parameters. I make somethin wrong
the first group should be date (same field in my 2 differnt tables)
the second group should be the name (same file in my 2 differnt tables)
and then the detail section
best regards Rafael
thuston
It does work for multiple parameters, you are probably just not getting the values you expect.
You want to ensure your nested table is in the correct Group Header Row from the outer table (the innermost one).
birtprofi
hi thuston,
thanks for your help. Now it works perfect. My failure was, that I made the binding on the "field" in the nested table, and not on the nested table.
best regards