Okay, I have several questions with regards to setting multiple parameters in an SQL Query for report design file.<br />
<br />
Lets say I have a query with this type of format:<br />
<br />
SELECT firstname, lastname, employeeNum, position, dateHired, dateLeft <br />
FROM Employees<br />
WHERE position = <span style='color: #FF0000'>*a1a</span> AND dateHired BETWEEN TIMESTAMP(<span style='color: #FF0000'>*b2b</span>) AND TIMESTAMP(<span style='color: #FF0000'>*c2c</span>);<br />
<br />
legend: <span style='color: #FF0000'>a1a</span> = String parameter (Alphanumeric)<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>b2b</span> = DateTime parameter<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>c2c</span> = DateTime parameter<br />
<br />
Here's my question:<br />
<br />
1.) If I place it like this, "WHERE position = ? AND dateHired BETWEEN TIMESTAMP(?) AND TIMESTAMP(?)", will the Designer itself map out the parameters to the statement like place the string parameter and the date time parameter to their proper places, or should I create a variable to make sure that the parameters will be passed properly?<br />
<br />
2.) How can I best implement that, If in case I need to create a script or variable to map out the parameters correctly in the query?<br />
<br />
3.) any suggestions on how I can make this more simplier?<br />
<br />
Any help is appreciated... thanks