Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
JDBC Jar Question
dan3874
I have been having some trouble with eclipse BIRT and some JDBC drivers. So, I thought I would try the Actuate version of BIRT. When I go to open one of my previous BIRT reports the new version does not recognize the previous Jar files.
So, I go through manage drivers to add them back in, but this version does not add them in and keep on ticking. So, I cannot access my databases until I can get these driver files added.
Following the add process I can find the jar files in what seems like the correct directory, but they have not yet become part of the BIRT process. Is there something I'm missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Dan,
Sorry for the delay. Did you resolve this issue? If not, what process are you doing to add your jar files? They are not working with the designer? Or with the deployed viewer? Are you sure you have the latest driver?
kjawahar
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dan3874'" data-cid="70244" data-time="1289519536" data-date="11 November 2010 - 04:52 PM"><p>
I have been having some trouble with eclipse BIRT and some JDBC drivers. So, I thought I would try the Actuate version of BIRT. When I go to open one of my previous BIRT reports the new version does not recognize the previous Jar files.<br />
<br />
So, I go through manage drivers to add them back in, but this version does not add them in and keep on ticking. So, I cannot access my databases until I can get these driver files added.<br />
<br />
Following the add process I can find the jar files in what seems like the correct directory, but they have not yet become part of the BIRT process. Is there something I'm missing?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I am assuming you are using Actuate BRD PRo. If not, let me know.<br />
Can you try adding the JDBC drivers manually to the following location?<br />
<br />
BRDPRo\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.x.x.vxxxxxxx-xx\drivers<br />
<br />
Also, let em know the version of BIRT you are using as there is a known issue related to adding the JDBC drivers through GUI in version 2.2.2
dan3874
My version of BIRT Pro is - Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.1.v20100926-0604.
My version of Eclipse BIRT is - Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.1.v20100902.
Neither of these versions would actually install my drivers when I looked for the jar files. Actually, after much hunting I did find the reference for where I needed to place the jar files so that BIRT could use them. It was just a frustrating couple of days. For some reason my older Eclipse BIRT was having issues with our drivers and would not connect reliably. So, I moved to the newer version and found that I couldn't even get the drivers to register.
But, it is better now that I found out what I needed to do to get the drivers to register.