Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross table with charts
arod
Hi all.<br />
<br />
I'm trying to create a cross table to make an horizontal sequence of charts, something easy in a vertical way with a common table.<br />
<br />
So, my dataset returns data in the way<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
selRow optRow valRow<br />
========== ======= ===<br />
selection1 option1 34<br />
selection1 option2 45<br />
selection1 option3 1<br />
<br />
selection2 option4 87<br />
selection2 option5 10<br />
<br />
selection3 option6 99<br />
<br />
So what I need is to get something like:<br />
<br />
<br />
.selection1.|..selection2.|..selection3..<br />
|####.......|..|#######...| .............<br />
|########...|..|##........|..|###########<br />
|#..........|.............|..............<br />
<br />
<br />
so a chart for selection group with the options as x-axis & values as y-axis<br />
<br />
</span><br />
<br />
I've done a cube<br />
Groups:<br />
selRow<br />
optRow<br />
Summary:<br />
valRow<br />
<br />
I add a cross-table to my report and for columns i add the selRow group, for the sumarized part i put the valRow of my cube<br />
I add then a chart below to to my selRow group (the one for columns). I add a chart but, when selectin from the inherited columns i can't use the optRow, but, if i add the optRow of my cube to tye columns area in the table, i get a column for each option getting something like<br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'><br />
<br />
sel1..........................sel2..........................sel3...........................<br />
opt1.opt2.opt3.opt4.opt5.opt6.opt1.opt2.opt3.opt4.opt5.opt6.opt1.opt2.opt3.opt4.opt5.opt6..<br />
|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##..|##...<br />
|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#...|#....<br />
|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-...|-....<br />
<br />
</span><br />
<br />
How can I add a column to use as inherited value for my chart without taking effect into the cross chart?<br />
<br />
<br />
Any help would be appreciated. thanks!<br />
<br />
<br />
ED. I have a solution with filters but, I would prefer another approach that doesn't iterate over my result-set over and over again for each chart
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It looks like you'd just need the selection as the column dimension, the option as the row dimension, and the value as the measure. Does this not do what you're wanting to do?