Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Parameter with Scripted Data Set
stvns78
I am creating a report with an input parameter based on a data set. I need a combo box to populate based on a query. The datasource is scripted and therefore i am using a scripted data set. I have two data sets, one for the parameter and the one for the report. I assign the data set to the parameter dynamically and set the data set and the field.
The problem is when i run the report the combo box is not getting populated. I know the data set works because if i put it on the report i get results. It is as if the query is not being executed.
What do i need to do to have a combo box populate based on a scripted data set?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Sorry just seeing this now. Im a little confused by what you are saying. You have a Dynamic Parameter set as a Combo box using a Scripted Data Source, and its not populating?
jhamoora
Were you able to solve this problem?<br />
I have downloaded the latest version of BIRT (2.6.1) and am facing the same issue. I will check the bugs in BIRT to report this issue. However, if you were able to find a solution for this, it would be nice to hear about it.<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'stvns78'" data-cid="70287" data-time="1289596650" data-date="12 November 2010 - 02:17 PM"><p>
I am creating a report with an input parameter based on a data set. I need a combo box to populate based on a query. The datasource is scripted and therefore i am using a scripted data set. I have two data sets, one for the parameter and the one for the report. I assign the data set to the parameter dynamically and set the data set and the field.<br />
<br />
The problem is when i run the report the combo box is not getting populated. I know the data set works because if i put it on the report i get results. It is as if the query is not being executed.<br />
<br />
What do i need to do to have a combo box populate based on a scripted data set? <br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
stvns78
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="70503" data-time="1290143260" data-date="18 November 2010 - 10:07 PM"><p>
Sorry just seeing this now. Im a little confused by what you are saying. You have a Dynamic Parameter set as a Combo box using a Scripted Data Source, and its not populating?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
correct after over a year. I am having this issue again on a new project. Using BIRT in Maximo, scripted datasource/dataset. Create a dynamic parameter based on another dataset or same dataset, on load the combo box is not populating based on the query even though a preview of the dataset produces results.<br />
<br />
Thanks
stvns78
I think we found a solution. Try adding:
importPackage(Packages.com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script);
mxReportScriptContext = MXReportScriptContext.initialize(reportContext);
to the beforeopen method for each dataset you have. After adding this the combo boxes now work properly.
Matze
<p>Sorry for answering to a two-year-old thread but I face the same problem.</p>
<p>Added</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
importPackage(Packages.com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script);
mxReportScriptContext = MXReportScriptContext.initialize(reportContext);</pre>
<p>to each <em>beforeOpen </em>script in my report - doesn't help. By the way: I am not using Maximo but RTC.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!</p>