Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
A new rownum for each id
Ulf
<span style='font-family: Arial'>Hello there,<br />
<br />
I? m a bit curious about a few issues in my report in BIRT.<br />
I?ve written a stored procedure, which includes an amount of data in my database. <br />
The id has several datasets included. A row number (__rownums) has to count the rows of the tables of the databases until the id is changing. <br />
Then the next id should do the same, should start at 1 as well and counts its datasets.<br />
<br />
I would be really relieved if someone could help me as soon as possible.<br />
<br />
Best regards<br />
<br />
Ulf</span>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm completely following the question. You want to be able to do counts like this within your BIRT report? If so, you should be able to use a computed column in your dataSet or you could use aggregations and grouping within your report to create a running count.
ceefour
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="70319" data-time="1289840109" data-date="15 November 2010 - 09:55 AM"><p>
I'm not sure I'm completely following the question. You want to be able to do counts like this within your BIRT report? If so, you should be able to use a computed column in your dataSet or you could use aggregations and grouping within your report to create a running count.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you mwilliams. I'm not sure if that solves the TS's problem but your solution is exactly what I'm looking for: In the Table's Binding, I added a Aggregate Column Binding, then use RUNNINGCOUNT on the group I want. I get number starting from 1 that resets on each new group. Awesome!
mwilliams
Hi ceefour,
Glad the above thread helped your situation! Let us know whenever you have BIRT related questions!