Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cross tab grouping
birtprofi
Hello,
How do I grouping with cross tabs in the correct way? ( I know about cross tabs and the grouping in there )
at the time my report looks like this:
"Abteilung" | "MA_NAME" | "Datafields (Measures)"
But I would like this:
First: Group by "Abteilung"
and then Crosstab (with Dimensions and Measures)
"MA_NAME" | "Datafields (Measures)"
Do I need for this first a table and then a nested crosstab, or is there also another way. Maybe if you have time you could make this on the attached file, or you describe me.
best regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rafael,
The desciption of what you want sounds like you would just make a data cube with Abteilung and MA_NAME as dimensions and datafields as your measure. Then, you'd just add Abteilung to your row dimension field first and MA_NAME after it and put the measures in the measure area. Your crosstab would then be first grouped by Abteilung and then by MA_NAME with the appropriate measure values for the groupings.
Let me know if you're wanting something else.
birtprofi
Hi Michael,
the crosstabs is already sorted by Abteilung and MA_NAME in the correct way.
Because of "space" problems (a lot of data that I have to put on A4 landscape) I would like change the layout.
now the report looks like this:
ABTEILUNG | MA_DATEN | Measures
but I would like this:
ABTEILUNG
MA_DATEN | Measures
On a normal "table" I could insert a table group header. My question is: Could I insert also a cross tab group header?
kind regards
Rafael
mwilliams
Rafael,
You could put the abteilung value in the same block as the MA_NAME field and hide the abteilung value in script when it's not the first occurance. Or, you could embed the crosstab in a list or table and use filters to get the data you want in your crosstabs.