Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to customize Birt plugins
sgeovar
Hi
I have integrated Birt in my web application deployed in weblogic.
Birt plugin has many jars.
Is it possible to customize or reduce the jars because my application doesn't need all these jars.
or is it possible to use the plugin zip file ( which contains runtime jars) without unzipping it ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Not knowing how you integrated BIRT into your application, but yes, if you can identify what plugins are being used and which ones aren't (via the OSGi console perhaps?) you can not include jars that you don't need.
sgeovar
I created a servlet which calls Birt engine.
Created a WebReport/WEB-INF/lib directory underneath the Weblogic webapps directory.
webapps/WebReport/platform/plugins directory has all the runtime plugins
I call the report through an URL.
When I hit the URL in the browser, servlet is invoked and corresponding PDF report is shown on the browser.
I'm not able to elimate the uncessay plugins.
When I eliminate any one plugin, I get NullpointerException or Assertionerror.
The number of plugins are huge.
You are talking about some console technique.
Could you please explain it ?
Thanks
johnw
Follow along on this thread. JasonW is the man to ask on that.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/20964-are-all-birt-plugins-needed-for-a-simple-report/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1'>are-all-birt-plugins-needed-for-a-simple-report</a>
;
sgeovar
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="70545" data-time="1290188713" data-date="19 November 2010 - 10:45 AM"><p>
Follow along on this thread. JasonW is the man to ask on that.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/20964-are-all-birt-plugins-needed-for-a-simple-report/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1'>are-all-birt-plugins-needed-for-a-simple-report</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for your help.<br />
I'll follow the thread