Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report output as text file
JayJ
A newbie or in fact may be a weird question...
I am using BIRT 2.5.1
I need to generate the report report as a text file - keeping the format in tact - its more like a fixed length file.
Sample report output is attached...
Is this possible to do in BIRT ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
There is a CSV emitter out there, but I don't know if a TXT one exists. You could always write your own emitter plugin for TXT.
JayJ
Thanks Michael
I am trying to stay away from writing a TXT emmiter as I don't have much idea about it and too it is needed for few reports at my end.
I was hoping if BIRT as space filling utilities to pad the text with spaces. I am using the JavaScript / BIRT functions for now...