Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error while adding BIRT 2.6.1 report engine to target platform in Eclipse helios
Anu.babu
Hi,
Im facing this error : Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
when I am trying to add BIRT 2.6.1 Report engine plugins to the target platform set for my application in
Eclipse helios. Does any one know what could be the reason for this error.
Im running BIRT reports generated in version 2.3.2 but saved it again in 2.6.1 and still seeing the issue.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
I have seen this error when there is an issue with the build path. Are you referencing any BIRT 2.3.2 jars? Also in your debug you may want to clean the workspace.
Jason
Anu.babu
All the birt plugins are 2.6.1. But I have not included all the plugins that come along with BIRT 2.6.1 runtime in my environment. It has few org.eclipse plugins from 2.3.2 version.
JasonW
Can you try a separate workspace with just the 2.6.1 plugins?
Jason
Anu.babu
Hi,
We require the 2.3.2 plugins in our environment. If we keep only the 2.6.1 plugins, it will not serve the purpose. I saw a similar post at
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=198110&start=0&S=b5314de25824c8b4393beab78c147707
.
We may also be facing the same problem.
I would like to know if a bug has been raised for this issue and has it been fixed?
Anu.babu
Hi,
We require the 2.3.2 plugins in our environment. If we keep only the 2.6.1 plugins, it will not serve the purpose. I saw a similar post at
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=198110&start=0&S=b5314de25824c8b4393beab78c147707
.
We may also be facing the same problem. I would like to know if a bug has been raised for this issue and has it been fixed?
Thank You.
Anu.babu
Hi,
I was just investigating on this issue and I found that the exception occurs because of one image of type .png. But other png and gif images do not create the problem. This image was in an external css file. I tried embedding it within the report file. But the issue is still there.
Please let me know if you have any idea about this problem.
Thank You
Anushka Chandrababu
JasonW
If you put the image file in the resource folder and then specify that the image type is
"Image file in shared resources" Does it work?
Jason
Anu.babu
I tried it that way by putting it in the resources folder. But it still gives the error.
Thank You
JasonW
Can you log a bug for this issue?
Jason