Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
Ulf
Hey there,<br />
<br />
i've nothing changed on my BIRT Viewer but since a few minutes i get this error :<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
- error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:92)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:320)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:148)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151)<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)<br />
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)<br />
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)<br />
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)<br />
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)<br />
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can someone tell me how to fix this error ?<br />
<br />
Best wishes<br />
Ulf
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Ulf,
So, you changed nothing? No configuration changes?
Ulf
Nothing.
mwilliams
Is that the entire error stack? Is this with the designer or deployed viewer?
Ulf
I've got an Tomcat which uses the Birt Engine 2.6.1. So it's my deployed viewer.
And if try to open the report i get this error.
Ulf
There was an persmission error. Now everything works.
mwilliams
Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions!
thomasbr
Hello,
I have issues in deploying birt with tomcat.
I have the same error when trying to run the exemple provided in the documentation.
(error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform)
I'm quite sure it's a permission issue, but I'm new to Tomcat and don't know how to fix this.
I use ubuntu 10.04 with tomcat 6 and version 2.6.1 of birt engine.
Deploying the app was ok: birt appears in the tomcat web app manager as a running application. I get the test page saying birt viewer has been installed. But when I click on "view exemple", I get the error submentionned.
May be my questions are newbie questions, but may be they can help.
I'm logged as root on the machine. chmod 775 on every file in my webapp directory of tomcat. I created a random named user in /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml to have access to the admin pages of tomcat, and it works. May be I should use a specific username in this file? (the same username as the one that has launched tomcat?)
How do I know which user has launched tomcat? (I installed it with apt-get... typed sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat6 restart)
Where can I access to the log files and config tomcat to log every problems?
Thank you very much for your help
Best regards
Tom
mwilliams
Hi Tom,
On the "View Example", you get the error? You shouldn't need user permissions to run this example, I wouldn't think. I could be wrong though.
thomasbr
Hi,
Thanks for your answer. I still don't know why I had this error. The way I found to fix it was to redeploy the birt app with the tomcat manager. Instead of copying the Web Viewer Exemple directory as said in the documentation, I uploaded birt.war through the tomcat admin page. I did not forgot to upload manually the common-logging.jar into WEB-INF/lib/ too
Now it works...
It's a mystery for me, but it works. I'll secure my app with a proxy, may be it's not the smartest way, but it's the only one I have a little experience in...
If you have better ideas..
Thanks
Tom
mwilliams
Tom,
That's weird. Glad redeploying worked for you. Are you talking about securing the info accessed by your applications users while in BIRT or your application's security in general?
thomasbr
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71654" data-time="1293039232" data-date="22 December 2010 - 10:33 AM"><p>
Tom,<br />
<br />
That's weird. Glad redeploying worked for you. Are you talking about securing the info accessed by your applications users while in BIRT or your application's security in general?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
Securing the info accessed by users is made inside my dbms (specific role in postgresql for reporting), proxy is to secure access to birt and other ressources.<br />
I know it may seems basic, and granularity could be better, but it suits my needs... for the moment. And it's the only solution I know how to deploy...<br />
If you know a better/easier solution, don't hesitate to share!
ShaanMSR
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Ulf'" data-cid="70580" data-time="1290422298" data-date="22 November 2010 - 03:38 AM"><p>
There was an persmission error. Now everything works.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi,<br />
<br />
am using eclipse indigo to run a BIRT report and tomcat 6 as the web browser , whenever i start the tomcat it giving me<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:92)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:328)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:148)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:243)<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)<br />
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)<br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)<br />
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)<br />
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)<br />
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)<br />
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
this error.Please help me to solve this problem<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
Shaan
gavrielkay
My customers are getting this error now with BIRT 2.6.1 deployed on WebSphere 7.0.0.17. Any ideas what causes this? We never saw it in development.