Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Running count in chart
sarika.np
Hi,
I am using birt 2.6.1 report designer for developing chart based reports. I need to get running count in one of the report. I set Running Count as aggregate expression. But, it is not giving me the desired output.
If for the month of Jan-2010, we recruited 10 persons and for Feb-2010 5. So in graph for Jan it should show 10 and for Feb it should show 15 as count. That is I need cumulative count across the group. Is it possible to get this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi rarika.np,
You should use "runningsum" function for this purpose. I am attaching an example, I have created a computed column "cumulativeQuantity" that tracks this, take a look and let me know if that works for your needs.
Ashwini
sarika.np
Hi Ashwini,
Sorry..that is not my requirement. I need something like runningsum(count(countries)) for a period. The period can be month, quarter or year.
In your example, the sum is made on one of the existing dataset column. But, i need to do the sum on the count of countries for say Jan 2010, Feb 2010 etc.
Sarika
averma
Can you share a sample report output so that I have a better understanding of your requirement?