Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
pdf won't render with 2.6.1 and blob
gebuh
I'm running birt as a war on jboss 5.1. I upgraded the birt runtime from 2.3 to 2.6.1. When I did that it broke 1 report - a pdf that contains an image as a blob. I have 2 switches on jboss start related to images: <br />
-Djava.awt.headless=true <br />
-Dawt.toolkit=com.eteks.awt.PJAToolkit <br />
If I run my local windows server with these 2 switches I can reproduce the error.<br />
If I remove the toolkit switch the pdf will run on my local windows box - but I don't get the embedded image.<br />
If I change the format to html, the report with embedded image renders correctly.<br />
Is there some configuration bit I'm missing for 2.6.1? The error appears to be complaining about a missing PJAToolkit, but I have pja jars in my server lib and they're referenced. Appreciate any help. Here's the stack trace:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
- org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDummyException(ReportEngineService.java:1096)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:926)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runAndRenderReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:973)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunAndRenderActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunAndRenderActionHandler.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.presentation.aggregation.layout.EngineFragment.doService(EngineFragment.java:318)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.presentation.aggregation.AbstractBaseFragment.service(AbstractBaseFragment.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__doGet(BirtEngineServlet.java:120)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:185)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:209)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runAndRenderReport(ReportEngineService.java:920)
... 34 more
Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Toolkit not found: com.eteks.awt.PJAToolkit
at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:841)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:826)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.util.PropertyUtil.getScreenDpi(PropertyUtil.java:322)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.util.PropertyUtil.getRenderDpi(PropertyUtil.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.util.PropertyUtil.getRenderDpi(PropertyUtil.java:305)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.ContainerArea.getResolution(ContainerArea.java:770)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.ContainerArea.getDimensionValue(ContainerArea.java:866)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.ContainerArea.validateBoxProperty(ContainerArea.java:910)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.BlockContainerArea.initialize(BlockContainerArea.java:174)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.BlockTextArea.layout(BlockTextArea.java:58)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.startContent(LayoutEngine.java:488)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterAdapter.startText(ContentEmitterAdapter.java:147)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterAdapter.startLabel(ContentEmitterAdapter.java:153)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterUtil.startContent(ContentEmitterUtil.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.visitContent(LayoutEngine.java:628)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.visitContent(LayoutEngine.java:636)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.visitContent(LayoutEngine.java:636)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.visitContent(LayoutEngine.java:636)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.visitChildren(LayoutEngine.java:652)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.RegionLayoutEngine.layout(RegionLayoutEngine.java:31)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.PageArea.layoutFooter(PageArea.java:486)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.PageArea.initialize(PageArea.java:249)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.RootArea.createNewPage(RootArea.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.area.impl.RootArea.initialize(RootArea.java:134)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.setContainer(LayoutEngine.java:352)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine._startContainer(LayoutEngine.java:404)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.nLayout.LayoutEngine.startContainer(LayoutEngine.java:340)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterAdapter.startPage(ContentEmitterAdapter.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.CompositeContentEmitter.startPage(CompositeContentEmitter.java:290)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterUtil.startContent(ContentEmitterUtil.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.PageNode.start(PageNode.java:49)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.ContainerBufferNode.start(ContainerBufferNode.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.ContainerBufferNode.start(ContainerBufferNode.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.ContainerBufferNode.start(ContainerBufferNode.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.ContainerBufferNode.start(ContainerBufferNode.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.HTMLPageBuffer.startContent(HTMLPageBuffer.java:113)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.TableBreakBuffer.startContent(TableBreakBuffer.java:287)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLLeafItemLM.start(HTMLLeafItemLM.java:67)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:139)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:160)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableBandLM.layoutChildren(HTMLTableBandLM.java:67)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:132)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:180)
... 36 more
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are the pja jars in more than one place?
Jason
gebuh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="70532" data-time="1290182087" data-date="19 November 2010 - 08:54 AM"><p>
Are the pja jars in more than one place?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Jason,<br />
no, I have pja.jar and pjatool.jar in jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\lib, nowhere else.
JasonW
Can you open a bug for this?
Jason
gebuh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="70801" data-time="1291045337" data-date="29 November 2010 - 08:42 AM"><p>
Can you open a bug for this?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
will do, but do you think this is a bug and not a configuration problem?
JasonW
I am not certain. If you could post a simple report that uses the blob that can be ran, I could test on my machine.
Jason
gebuh
fixed it, it was a configuration problem.<br />
I removed <em class='bbc'>-Dawt.toolkit=com.eteks.awt.PJAToolkit</em> from my jboss bin/run.conf file. Turned out it wasn't just the PDF with the blob, it was any PDF.<br />
I inherited the jboss server, I'm assuming the awt.toolkit switch was used for a reason.<br />
If anyone could shed some light on why this setting is broken for 2.6.1 I would appreciate it.