Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart and Table inside of table
EricHougen
I made a report with a chart and two tables inside of 3 cells in a grid and hooked them to three seperate data sets. I started with a single select parameter. Everything was going great, so I dumped the whole grid into the detail row of a table. I grouped the table by the same value as the parameter and converted the single select to multiple select. The report runs, but instead of each detail row showing the data unique to the grouped value I get multiple iterations of the same data, all combined. Is there a way to filter or otherwise limit the data passed to each detail row/grid/table&chart? I'm attaching the report in its current hosed-up state.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kjawahar
This sample may help. Take a look.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/530-sample-birt-sub-report-example/
EricHougen
Thanks for the info, I was able to get it work for tables and charts. Does anybody know if it is possible to do dataset parameters for cross tabs?
mwilliams
For crosstabs, you'd have to use filters rather than dataSet parameter bindings, I believe.