Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Background image in Report Design
Taylor
Hi all,<br />
<br />
I am new on the forum but I am trying my luck hoping you are a strong community. <br />
<br />
I've started working with Report Design and I've came into a problem: <br />
I need to place some text over an image. The image is not stored locally but it needs to be mapped to a parameter for the path like <br />
<br />
<image id="413"><br />
<property name="source">file</property><br />
<expression name="uri" type="javascript">params["SBI_RESOURCE_PATH"].value+'header.JPG'</expression><br />
</image><br />
<br />
In order to place another control on it (for example a text) there are 2 ways I see:<br />
<br />
- either I have the possibility to place a text over a picture (<strong class='bbc'>Anyone knows how to do that?</strong>)<br />
or <br />
- I set the image as the background of a panel and in the panel add the text. But i cannot make the background image of a panel use the parameter : params["SBI_RESOURCE_PATH"].value+'header.JPG' I don't think the backgroundimage property accepts javascript by default. <strong class='bbc'>Anyone knows how do I set the background with javascript</strong>?<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Any other idea?</strong><br />
<br />
Thanks alot in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Taylor,
What is your output type? PDF or HTML? You could probably use a text element with html script tags giving an absolute position for your text to lay it where you'd like. You'd just have to give the text element a bookmark so you could grab it and move it. This works in HTML only though, but it's an option.
Otherwise, I think you'd have to edit the image file, which you say you don't have access to do.
Taylor
the output is pdf.
The problem with the text over the image is that the text is actually a dynamic text so there is no way I modify the picture.
Thanks alot for your reply,
mwilliams
You could always request an enhancement for the ability to add dynamic text to your background.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/