Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error happen when Birt outline variables coexist with external library
AndyMa
Hi,<br />
<br />
I just found a strange issue with birt 2.5.1, my birt report can view as html and pdf without any error, but it will pop up a error when "View report in web viewr" in Birt Report Designer, the error message is as following:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.(RenderTask.java:117)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.(RenderTask.java:85)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.createRenderTask(ReportEngineHelper.java:495)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.createRenderTask(ReportEngine.java:488)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.createRenderTask(ReportEngineService.java:1540)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1431)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.doRenderPage(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:82)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:103)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor31.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java:90)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:111)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:59)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:318)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:380)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:535)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:880)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:748)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:213)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)</pre>
<br />
I finally got out this issue happens when using a variable(whatever report variable or page variale) with default value together with an external library, I can reproduce it by creating an empty report, anyone else has the same issue? And please give a solution to avoid it, thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I have not seen this issue before. Can you reproduce it with a blank report or with the sample database and post it in here?
AndyMa
Hi,
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay in response. I tried this out in 2.5.1 and saw the same as you. I then tried the same in 2.6.1 and received no error. There must've been a bug in 2.5.1 that has been fixed in newer versions.
AndyMa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71171" data-time="1291845254" data-date="08 December 2010 - 02:54 PM"><p>
Sorry for the delay in response. I tried this out in 2.5.1 and saw the same as you. I then tried the same in 2.6.1 and received no error. There must've been a bug in 2.5.1 that has been fixed in newer versions.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you for you help, currently I am using a web application which only support 2.5.1, I will check if they will support 2.6.1 later.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!