Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Specifying the location of the connection configuration file
mcremer
Good day,<br />
<br />
I have been trying for to configure my connection configuration file for my iServer Express (trail version atm).<br />
I am trying to do as stated <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11/mc/help/deployment/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#context=deployment&file=dbconn.06.06.html'>here</a>.<br
/>
<br />
However I haven't been successful to find the location were they point towards.<br />
<br />
However by loging in to the configuration console (trough <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://servername:8900/acadmin/config/'>http://servername:8900/acadmin/config/</a>
; & <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://servername:8900/acadmin/'>http://servername:8900/acadmin/</a>)<br
/>
<br />
I bounced upon a second system console (at pure change so I am quite surprised). <br />
<br />
Normaly when I go to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://servername:8900/acadmin/config/'>http://servername:8900/acadmin/config/</a>
; I end up at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://servername:8900/acadmin/system/simpleview.jsp'>http://servername:8900/acadmin/system/simpleview.jsp</a>
; however I ended up a few times at a more extended view at the url <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://zlm-birto:8900/acadmin/system/systemmanager.jsp'>http://zlm-birto:8900/acadmin/system/systemmanager.jsp</a>
; this gave me a few more options compaird tot he simpelview however not the options need to do the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/R11/mc/help/deployment/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#context=deployment&file=dbconn.06.06.html'>connection
configuration</a>.<br />
<br />
Eny sugestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi mcremer,<br />
BIRT iServer - Evaluation Edition (also called iServer Express) offers only simple view(...simpleview.jsp) of the configuration console. The full version offers an advanced view (...xxxmanager.jsp) and I think you probably might have stumbled upon this view. This view provide a GUI for defining the location of connection configuration file. For the former you will have to do it manually in the following configuration file:<br />
<install dir>\iServer\etc\acserverconfig.xml <br />
Locate "Template" tag and add "ConnConfigFile" parameter like:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
...
<Templates>
<Template
Name="servername"
PMDPort="8100"
ActuateBuild="110B100926"
LogDirectory="C:\Program Files\Actuate11\iServer/log"
ActuateVersion="11"
ConnConfigFile="C:\Actuate11\connection"
ServerSOAPPort="11100"
...
</pre>
<br />
Ashwini