Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
jasonws
Hey, the following command executes without issue when using root, but not while using a user account. It's obviously a permissions issue, but I'm not entirely certain where to look, as $BIRT_HOME and $BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine/genReport.sh have appropriate permissions. Would anyone be able to suggest things I could look into in order to troubleshoot this issue?
Thanks,
Jason
sh-3.2$ $BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine/genReport.sh -f PDF -o report.pdf Invoice.rptdesign
Nov 23, 2010 1:09:57 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner execute SEVERE: exception in parsing the paramters
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.java:141)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.java:121)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jasonws
I figured this out. In $BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine/configuration I checked out the most recent log file which showed the following:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 0 0 2010-11-29 15:10:28.758
!MESSAGE The -clean (osgi.clean) option was not successful. Unable to clean the storage area: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-11-29 15:10:28.770
!MESSAGE Error reading configuration: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Permission denied)
I then changed the permissions for each directory in the chain. This resolved the issue. -Jason