Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding Images to Report
kosta
Hello BIRT community,
which method is the best for adding images to the BIRT report. With best I mean so that the BIRT engine can present them faster and the images shouldn't take too much space.
I saw that the Embedded methods puts the binary (base64) into the XML.
The dynamic image method is used when the image comes from DB. In this case I don't need to use this.
What about the URI method and the Image File in shared Folder?
How can I use them when I am using the BIRT API instead of the Report Designer.
I saw something about adding resource path to the config object needed for the engine.
Thank you for the help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pulin
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kosta'" data-cid="70736" data-time="1290615942" data-date="24 November 2010 - 09:25 AM"><p>
<br />
How can I use them when I am using the BIRT API instead of the Report Designer.<br />
I saw something about adding resource path to the config object needed for the engine.<br />
<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
You can do it this way<br />
config = new EngineConfig( ); <br />
config.setBIRTHome("C:\\birt\\birt-runtime-2_6_1\\birt-runtime-2_6_1\\ReportEngine");<br />
config.setResourcePath("C:\\work\\workspaces\\APIs\\Reports");
kosta
Thanks pulin,
it seems that I need to use this one when the "Image File in shared Folder" method is used.
I saw in the description of the "Edit Image Item" window that the "URI"-method is used when I need to link images from the web to my report.
Thanks again.