Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scripted Dataset
donwood
I have a report which uses both a JDBC Dataset and a Scripted Dataset. When I preview the report within the Report Design perspective, the report works fine. However, when I run my application and attempt to view the report using the Report Viewer, I'm receiving the error below.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>[11/24/10 11:07:33:827 EST] 00000035 QueryResultSe E Cannot fetch the next data row.<br />
Cannot move down to next row in the result set.<br />
SQL error #1: [jcc][t4][10120][10898][3.52.95] Invalid operation: result set is closed. ERRORCODE=-4470, SQLSTATE=null<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: Cannot fetch the next data row.</strong><br />
<br />
I've narrowed the problem down to the Scripted Dataset. If I remove it and its corresponding table, the report runs without an error. (Of course in this case, I'm also missing needed data.) If I leave the Scripted DataSet in the report but don't bind any of its data to a table, I get errors on the console; however, the report still runs. With the Scripted Dataset and a table with data from the Scripted Dataset, the report doesn't run...all I get is the error on the console shown above.<br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.3.<br />
<br />
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi donwood,
So, your issue is with the deployed viewer? Where did you place your jar files?
donwood
Michael,
Yes, it appears that the issue is with the viewer. Let me state first that I have other BIRT reports that are using the same method to produce and these are working fine.
Regarding your question about the jars, we created a separate project for the viewer and have this deployed to our server. JSP pages in our business EAR/WAR include the BIRT viewer tag using the appropriate baseURL to point to our viewer project. BIRT report design files reside in our business EAR/WAR application. This was done so that if other EAR/WAR applications were some day deployed using BIRT, each one would not have to include the same viewer jars. (As an aside, if there is a better approach to this, I'm open to suggestions.)
Thanks for your time.
-Don
mwilliams
Don,
Is there more to this error at all? Or is that it? Are you sure you're defining all of the field values and setting them in your dataSet? The only time I've seen this error "cannot fetch the next data row" is in a flat file database when the flat file doesn't match the dataSet.