Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multi level library problem
szopkoa
Hi all,
we've got a serious problem (version 2.6.1), which we could not solve. Our reports use multi level libraries, and those work fine in the designer, though fail to run on the application server - on which we use the run and render tasks separately.
The problem occurs when a report design refers to an element in the library, which use a data source (it runs fine in the designer).
- The data source is fine, because data sets defined in the report design works well using the referred data source
- If I put the data source directly in the library/report design, the report still fails to run with a referred data set
Data set is fine as well, because I could make it run by copying it to the report design - but it is not a solution, since the reusability is lost.
I can attach a simplified example, or post the stacktrace if any of those might serve a better understanding of the above.
Cheers,
Andras
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
szopkoa
I wrote the above comment after 3 days trying, but now the problem seems to be the following:
- we wrote the report libraries in a text editor, not to let the designer put any unnecessary code into it
- somehow the element ids were messed up (at least that's what I can think of, although the uniqueness was preserved)
For now it appears that rebuilding the libraries in the designer (and than cleansing the code in a text editor) solved the problem.
Cheers,
Andras