Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ReportRunner runs fine under root, does not under any other user.
jasonws
<span style='font-family: Arial'>I'm noticing this issue with BIRT Runtime and I thought that somebody might be able to help troubleshoot it. ReportRunner runs flawlessly under root, but under any other user I get this progression of errors.<br />
<br />
Here is a snippet of the log file ($BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine/configuration/1291214680551.log) that includes the error:</span><br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'>!SESSION 2010-12-01 09:44:40.616
<br />
eclipse.buildId=unknown<br />
java.version=1.6.0_17<br />
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.<br />
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US<br />
<br />
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 0 0 2010-12-01 09:44:41.400<br />
!MESSAGE The -clean (osgi.clean) option was not successful. Unable to clean the storage area: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi<br />
<br />
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-12-01 09:44:41.429<br />
!MESSAGE Error reading configuration: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Permission denied)<br />
!STACK 0<br />
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Permission denied)</span><br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Arial'>Here are the permissions of all the files in /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/</span><br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 89 Nov 30 14:02 .fileTable.4<br />
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 89 Nov 30 14:02 .fileTable.5<br />
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 30 14:02 .fileTableLock</span><br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Arial'>If I change the permissions on these files to 666, I get the following error in 1291215589764.log:</span><br />
<span style='font-family: Courier New'>!SESSION 2010-12-01 09:59:49.812
<br />
eclipse.buildId=unknown<br />
java.version=1.6.0_17<br />
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.<br />
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US<br />
<br />
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 0 0 2010-12-01 09:59:49.823<br />
!MESSAGE The -clean (osgi.clean) option was not successful. Unable to clean the storage area: /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi<br />
<br />
drw-rw-rw- 4 root root 4096 Nov 30 14:02 org.eclipse.osgi</span><br />
<br />
<span style='font-family: Arial'>I then chmod 777 /opt/birt-runtime-2_6_1/ReportEngine/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi, try again, I get the first error exactly. There must be something I'm missing. Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Jason</span>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JanaF
Hi Jason,
I get a similar bug with BIRT 3.7.2 (at least I get the first error message you describe). Did you solve your problem somehow?
Thank you in advance,
Jana