Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamically create a line chart
Rluvie
Good day ! Hope somebody can help me on what I'm trying to do.
Specifically, I'm working on a report where i need to create a line chart based on input
from two different datasets ( same datasource ). Plus, I need to create a "line series" for each of item returned by the first dataset
Basically I'm working on a report where i need to chart the historical performances for the ports in a SAN switch with data traffic greater than a specific threshold
This is what i've worked out till now:
dataset #1 return the name of the ports
dataset #2 return the timestamp and the traffic load for each port in the switch
I need to create a chart with:
1 series for each of the ports name returned by dataset #1 with values returned from dataset #2
I don't know beforehand how many ports name will be returned by dataset #1 and hence how many series to add in the chart.
I'm afraid I need to create my chart using some sort of logic. but my programming knowledges are quite limited so, please be patient with me.
Thanks for your time
Bye
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rluvie
I've found a solution to my problem. I should have done more testing first to bother ....
However, i've managed to recreate my SQL query so to have the port name fiels in dataset#2 .
Actually i've defined a new SQL view.....
Second , I've used the group feature in the "chart create" designer panel . (first checkbox on the right of the preview panel'
I've grouped the series on the portname field and it worked ! I got as many series as i need and the legend is also created accordingly.
I'wrote it just in case someone else could need it .
All the Best