Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Launch Birt Designer (Open File) via Command Line
system_migrated
Hello everybody,<br />
<br />
I need your help very urgent and I hope someone could help me ?<br />
<br />
I need to open the <strong class='bbc'>BIRT Reports Designer</strong> (2.5.2 or 2.6.1) together with a new File or a File specified by me through an java application. So I used the common java technics to open the external BIRT.exe from the Designer.<br />
<br />
But in contrast to other applications the Birt Designer or even eclipse doesn't support any argument to open a given file from the file system or maybe from Database.<br />
<br />
The only solution I found, was the new OpenFile Feature for eclipse 3.6 but this doesn't work for the BIRT Designer, and I have to use the Designer (RCA) for my Project, not the BIRT eclipse plugin.<br />
<br />
So I hope there is a plugin or any solution ,<strong class='bbc'>to open a report Design in the BIRT Report Designer via Command Line</strong> or special arguments given to the BIRT.exe file.<br />
<br />
I'm looking forward to your replies. Thanks...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hello everybody,<br />
<br />
I need your help very urgent and I hope someone could help me ?<br />
<br />
I need to open the <strong class='bbc'>BIRT Reports Designer</strong> (2.5.2 or 2.6.1) together with a new File or a File specified by me through an java application. So I used the common java technics to open the external BIRT.exe from the Designer.<br />
<br />
But in contrast to other applications the Birt Designer or even eclipse doesn't support any argument to open a given file from the file system or maybe from Database.<br />
<br />
The only solution I found, was the new OpenFile Feature for eclipse 3.6 but this doesn't work for the BIRT Designer, and I have to use the Designer (RCA) for my Project, not the BIRT eclipse plugin.<br />
<br />
So I hope there is a plugin or any solution ,<strong class='bbc'>to open a report Design in the BIRT Report Designer via Command Line</strong> or special arguments given to the BIRT.exe file.<br />
<br />
I'm looking forward to your replies. Thanks...
mwilliams
Hi ,
Not sure if you've seen this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=301033
But, you should be able to do something like:
eclipse c:/fullpathtoreport/myreport.rptdesign
to call a specific report design with eclipse from the command line.