Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a masterpage in a library problem
aglass
Hi,
I have created a library in BIRT that is used as a basis for all reports that we now need to create.
In this library I have multiple masterpages that are used depending on what report needs to be output - i.e. some landscape, some portrait, some with watermarks etc. I now need to create one more masterpage that is completely blank and in landscape A4 format.
I have tried multiple times to create the masterpage and copied the settings exactly from the other landscape masterpages in the library. However when I try to use this in a report (by creating a grid and selecting the masterpage from the page break view) the generated report always comes up as portrait.
I have tried selecting different masterpages in the same way and these work (show in portrait, landscape, watermarked) so I am assuming it is an error in the creation stage in the library but I cannot determine what.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Tony
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tony,
And you have the master page for the first element set up to this new masterpage? There is no way that the element you're trying to put on this page doesn't start on its own page? Let me know.
aglass
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71072" data-time="1291691386" data-date="06 December 2010 - 08:09 PM"><p>
Hi Tony,<br />
<br />
And you have the master page for the first element set up to this new masterpage? There is no way that the element you're trying to put on this page doesn't start on its own page? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Not quite sure I follow you there to be honest. I have a report that has been created from the library (a series of grids with tables and labels in them) and I have tried to add another grid to the start of the report and then linked this to the new masterpage I have just created. <br />
<br />
I hope that makes things clearer?
mwilliams
I just meant that if you had a title label or something at the top of your report and the table element or grid that you're attaching to this new master page was second in the report and there was no page break defined between them, the table would start on the same page as the title label at the top of the page and therefore, would use the same masterpage as this element. If the element you've attached to the new masterpage is the very first thing in the report or has a definite page break set before it, your issue wouldn't be because of this.