Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help with data element error within table
sbrar
Hi,
I have a data element within a table in my report which has now caused an error after minimal changes to some mapping on this data element, as a result the report fails to execute and the following details are given:
Failed to execute the report.
Error description: Express "["MeasureName"]" is invalid.
However, when I look to add some more mapping on this element and choose <select value> from the drop down list I am returned with all of my measures contained within this element.
Previously I have had to overcome this problem by deleting the data element and dragging it back in from the relevant dataset, but I lose any mapping I applied to this data element which is not ideal. Does anyone know a way to overcome this so I do not have to delete the data element and effectively start again?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you able to recreate this issue? If so, can you recreate it with the sample database and attach the report? It sounds kinda buggy to me, but I wanted to be able to see it myself.
mwilliams
Oh, and please include your BIRT version as well, thanks!
thuston
If you removed a column from the dataSet, it is not reflected in any of the component Bindings (even after pressing Refresh).
You need to select the Report Table and go to Properties - Binding.
Refresh to add any new bindings, then manually select the ones that need to be removed and Delete.
You'll also have to remove any controls that used the now invalid binding.
sbrar
Hi,
Unfortunately I am unable to recreate the error using the sample database, it seems as though it is specific to this report as my other reports with mapping are working fine (which makes this seem even more strange). I have attached a screenshot of the error if it helps. The problem has now got to the point where I cannot even add 1 bit of mapping on this data element as I am returned with this error. The version of BIRT I am using is 3.4.2.
I have not deleted any columns from the dataset itself, previously I had to remove the data element from the table and drag it in again but this no longer works either.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
mwilliams
Can you attach your report design?
sbrar
Due to the confidential nature of the data I am unfortunately unable to attach the report design, sorry.
thuston
Switch to XML Source and search for the problem. (Save a back up!) Delete it manually.
rjblyth
Hello
Please check the operator used in the map. Depending on the operator will depend on how you specify your expression.
For example if the expression is equal then you must use quotes on the value;
row["creditlink"] equals "A"
However if you use the Match expression then you would use the / on the value;
row["creditlink"] match /A/
Hope this helps.
Richard