Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
pagebreak for 2 tables(Parent and Child) in report
JoanS
Hi,
I'm new to BIRT, we have just started using it. and now i'm stuck with a report that doesn't have pagebreak.
I need to limit the rows per page.
Parent table is set to pagebreak interval = 1
and child table is set to pagebreak interval = 8
please help me.
I've been trying a lot of scripts in initialized method, Table.OnCreate and Table.OnPagebreak.
Appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Joan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Joan,
You have these page break intervals set, but they don't happen? Can you recreate this issue with the sample database so I can see what you're doing and try to help fix it on a report I can run? Are you setting the intervals in script? Or in the property editor?
JoanS
Hi MWilliams,<br />
<br />
Ok, after checking everything. The Child table is in the one of the header group. so when i set the Header to repeat it ignored the pagebreak interval i've set in the child table.<br />
<br />
So now the page break works but i need the header to repeat also on the next page.<br />
any ideas to repeat the header?<br />
<br />
I've attached the report sample printed as doc.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Joan<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71099" data-time="1291735167" data-date="07 December 2010 - 08:19 AM"><p>
Hi Joan,<br />
<br />
You have these page break intervals set, but they don't happen? Can you recreate this issue with the sample database so I can see what you're doing and try to help fix it on a report I can run? Are you setting the intervals in script? Or in the property editor?<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
So, when the repeat group header option is selected, the page break interval doesn't work? Or am I not understanding this correctly still?
Can you recreate the issue with the sample database so that I can run the report?
JoanS
Hi,<br />
<br />
Yes, your understanding is correct. If the "Repeat Group Header" option is on in 'Header of parent table', it the pagebreak of the child table is not working. The reason is the child table is in the header group.<br />
<br />
I've totally rebuild the report and made it as 1 table instead of parent and child tables.<br />
I will attach the sample of report and xml.<br />
<br />
I appreciate your replies. This is now fixed.<br />
<br />
Thanks again.<br />