Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Paging and Export Report not working. How to Cache Data
Pujan
I am using BIRT Report and I am facing issue with the paging. I have a very complicated report which takes around 2-3 hrs to render. But after its rendered, when I try to export the report ? it doesn?t work and takes me back to the parameter screen. Also when I try to go to the next page, it takes another 1 -2 hrs to render. I would like to know if there is any caching strategy in BIRT to avoid the delay during paging and how to export the report.
The records are not more( around 2000 ? 3000) but the calculation of the report is complicated and so it?s taking long time to render.
Can anyone please help me resolve the issue
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Pujan,
What is your BIRT version? There is better caching in newer versions. Also, maybe something like this would help with your report run time:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/259-birt:-progressive-viewing-during-render/