Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Datacube with Counts and Charts
rtruban
Hello,
I am trying to use a datacube as a data source for some charts but I can't get the charts to work correctly with summary field that is a 'count'. If you run the attached report you will see a CrossTab which displays the values correctly for both a sum and a count. But with the Charts the sum works correctly but it sets the counts all as one? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I hope it is just a chart setting I am missing...
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rob,
It looks to me like you found a bug, unfortunately. This is the same in 2.6.1. Please log a bug, if you don't mind:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71245" data-time="1292003045" data-date="10 December 2010 - 10:44 AM"><p>
Hi Rob,<br />
<br />
It looks to me like you found a bug, unfortunately. This is the same in 2.6.1. Please log a bug, if you don't mind:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
I submitted a bug... I was hoping for a simple case of user error!
mwilliams
If I notice anything different, I'll post it in here. A workaround could be to add a field to your dataSet that just displays a 1 to use in your cube rather than the "count" field. Then, the sum would essentially do the same as the count in this case.