Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF_HYPHENATION option and total page counts
mmills
We are using BIRT 2.6.1 and trying to prevent the clipping of data within text items on a report. If we set both PDF_TEXT_WRAPPING and PDF_HYPHENATION to true, the text wraps at character boundaries where necessary as we expect. The problem is that the total page count displayed by the "total-page" autotext item in my PDF output has the wrong value. In my test case, for example, the last page shows "Page 11 of 8".
Note that we are using the separate run and render tasks to produce the report. It seems to me that if the run task is going to generate a binary file that has a page count in it, then there must be a way to tell the run task that we are using the two options that will affect how much space is required for the wrapped text. Currently, I only see a way to tell the render task I want to use those options. What am I missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Is there any chance you can log a bug for this? I assume you have the report set to fixed layout? You may want to try Auto.
Jason