Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT slow in Plateau Report Designer
gallamann
Hi,
Have a customer that is using Plateau and with BIRT via Plateau Report Designer. This tool is terribly slow, it seems every little thing you do sends BIRT off verifing connections or some such thing. For example added a title to a chart we are testing and 10 minutes later it comes back. Hit preview and tool saves, wasting 1-3 minutes on a save. Go to data set query and hit OK instead of cancel, there goes another 5 minutes.
In short, simple changes to design that in a tool like Crystal takes a minute, in BIRT I am wasting hours.
What can I do to drastically improve design time?
Thanx in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi gallamann,
Do you know what version of BIRT that is being used? I have never used Plateau, so I don't know anything that would help from within it, but I haven't heard of BIRT having this type of performance issue on its own. You might try downloading the BIRT designer separately. You can deploy BIRT separately and call it using the deployed web viewer and URL's or using Java. You don't have to necessarily be stuck with the version embedded into Plateau. If you download the same version of BIRT that is used on Plateau, you can design your reports in BIRT, alone, and then move them over to Plateau for use.
Hope this helps.
johnw
Michael,
Plateau distributes a custom RCP version of BIRT. Ask me over beers sometimes some of the feedback I have gotten on it
Near as I can tell though, they aren't using any custom ODA's, so the standard BIRT All-In-One should do as a replacement.
John
mwilliams
Sounds good!