Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Modifying the XML data source
adwight
Hi,
I was wondering if its possible to use one of the data source events to modify an XML data source?
The problem we have is an XML data source being provided (and outside of our control) is actually invalid XML.
eg. <name>Smith & Jones</name>. The ampersand should be &
I'm hoping we can put some scripting in the report design itself to locate and transform the & --> & before it is used.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi adwight,
Can you not contact the XML data source provider and let them know of the issue?
I don't know that there's a way for you to change the dataSource from BIRT. I'll ask a couple people and let you know if I hear anything that helps.
mwilliams
I spoke with a colleague of mine and he said that it can probably be opened and replace the '&', but we both think that modifying it externally to BIRT in a similar fashion would be better.
adwight
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71412" data-time="1292432240" data-date="15 December 2010 - 09:57 AM"><p>
I spoke with a colleague of mine and he said that it can probably be opened and replace the '&', but we both think that modifying it externally to BIRT in a similar fashion would be better.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael, <br />
<br />
I agree the best solution is to have the data provided as well-formed XML and we have made the provider aware of the problem. <br />
<br />
We were just investigating if a quick fix to the report design could get this resolved sooner. I was looking at using a scripted data source, but the effort would be better spent chasing up the provider
<br />
<br />
Thanks for asking around and getting back to me.
mwilliams
Sorry, I also meant to say that it can be opened and replaced in the beforeFactory script.