Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
XLS reports
mcremer
Gooday,
Im looking in to the options of generating a Excel (xls) report. And already im linking the fact that the formula's are generated with the xls. However I wonder is it possible to create more then 1 tab when generating a xls. For example I got a table with all the info per city. But now I want to create a table based on the same data but per region. It would be nice if I could designate it to a difrent worksheet in excel instead of putting it under the previus tab.
Is this posible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mcremer'" data-cid="71387" data-time="1292405872" data-date="15 December 2010 - 02:37 AM"><p>
Gooday,<br />
<br />
Im looking in to the options of generating a Excel (xls) report. And already im linking the fact that the formula's are generated with the xls. However I wonder is it possible to create more then 1 tab when generating a xls. For example I got a table with all the info per city. But now I want to create a table based on the same data but per region. It would be nice if I could designate it to a difrent worksheet in excel instead of putting it under the previus tab.<br />
<br />
Is this posible?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
mcremer,<br />
<br />
I have included this topic in the DevShare. Follow this link <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1290-excel-output-in-multiple-sheets/'>Excel
output in multiple sheets</a>.<br />
<br />
regards<br />
Arpan
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Arpan'" data-cid="71390" data-time="1292408308" data-date="15 December 2010 - 03:18 AM"><p>
mcremer,<br />
<br />
I have included this topic in the DevShare. Follow this link <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1290-excel-output-in-multiple-sheets/'>Excel
output in multiple sheets</a>.<br />
<br />
regards<br />
Arpan<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Arpan,<br />
<br />
Interesting but im using BIRT Designer Pro and a iServer (licensed). And how mutch I like inbedding it trough java. The question is more is it out of the box posible if not it will be not cost eficient.
thuston
Actuate 11 has the ability to export to Excel with Multiple Sheets (tabs). It will create 1 sheet per output page.
I know you can do it when in Web Viewer and then Export Content As Excel (there is a 'Multiple Sheets' checkbox in the dialog). There should be a direct way when running on iServer, but I have not had time to look into it.
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="71410" data-time="1292431771" data-date="15 December 2010 - 09:49 AM"><p>
Actuate 11 has the ability to export to Excel with Multiple Sheets (tabs). It will create 1 sheet per output page.<br />
I know you can do it when in Web Viewer and then Export Content As Excel (there is a 'Multiple Sheets' checkbox in the dialog). There should be a direct way when running on iServer, but I have not had time to look into it.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thuston, <br />
<br />
Thanks thats what I needed to know thanks to your input i started looking at the output format and the checkbox is there so all thats left now is to make a soap message that makes it work out of the box (witch were were looking for).<br />
<br />
Thanks for the quick help.