Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using the same DataSet for multiple Table --> parameters ?
KroForK
Hello,
In my projet i use a scripted DataSource to fill my fiels via Java. I have implemented a ReportHandler and a DataSet handler but I want to use a DataSet linked to multiple Tables. My report contain a lot of table that have the same column, so i want to link them to a unique DataSet. My problem is how to differentiate my tables in the DataSetHandler ? Where can i Put a parameter ? In the DataSet Handler i have a IDataSetInstance and a IReportContext.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Several tables can use the same dataSet. If there are dataSet parameters, the values passed by each table can be different. I'm not sure I'm quite understanding though. Can you please explain in a little more detail?
KroForK
Thank for reply, sorry for my english if you don't understand. <br />
<br />
This represent the result that I have to create with BIRT : <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.imagup.com/data/1107262633.html'>The
exemple</a><br />
<br />
Is it possible to create this with BIRT ? <br />
<br />
It's one DataSet but as you can see : <br />
<br />
We have in the red box, a sub total by Travel and for each Transporter a total ( Blue box ) <br />
<br />
I use a scripted database and a handler on my dataset to fill my table. <br />
<br />
Have you any ideas to create a report like that ? <br />
<br />
Thanks !
mwilliams
If you're just using a single dataSet, you can just use grouping within a table to group by "transporter" then add a second group to group by "travel". You can then aggregate over the individual groups and over the whole table if need be. Hopefully this answers your question. Let me know.
KroForK
Thank for your reply.
I think i can't use the group because i have a line "Droit d'acc?s" who is differente from others.
Now I try to use 3 tables : A main table, in the detail row, an other table and in the detail row an other one. I think it can work but it's difficul to align all the cell between the 3 tables.
mwilliams
If you can provide CSV files of data and a report design that uses them to recreate this issue you're having, I can take a closer look. Or, if you can recreate the issue with the sample database, that'll also help.
If you're not using a single dataSet, you would have to embed tables and join them with filters or dataSet parameter bindings. Or you could write a large union query to join all your dataSets or use a joint dataSet within BIRT to join your data so that you can just use grouping. Maybe I'm still misunderstanding and a working example would help.