Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Blank Parameter Selection Screen
Joe Morgan
I'm very new to BIRT, and am designing a report containing 3 report parameters, a begin date, an end date, and a selection list from a data source as a combo-box.
I've entered everything, and setup the parameter binding the the data set of the report, but when I run the report, I get a blank parameter selection page.
I am using Eclipse 3.4.2 with BIRT 2.3.2
What am I missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Did you accidentally make the parameters hidden? If not, try starting from scratch and seeing if it happens again. If it does, try recreating the issue with the sample database and attaching it in here so I can run it and see it. If I don't, then I'd suggest re-downloading BIRT. Let me know.
Joe Morgan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71460" data-time="1292532796" data-date="16 December 2010 - 01:53 PM"><p>
Did you accidentally make the parameters hidden?</p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Is it possible for them to be hidden if the Advanced tab of the parameters' property editors state the hidden value is "false: Inherited"?
mwilliams
Nope. I don't think so. Can you attach your report design? I'll see if I can see anything that would cause the issue. If I don't, can you see if you can recreate the issue with the sample database?
Joe Morgan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71463" data-time="1292534610" data-date="16 December 2010 - 02:23 PM"><p>
Can you attach your report design? I'll see if I can see anything that would cause the issue.</p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I had started with a working report with hard-coded values, then added the parms to the report and mapped them to my data set. I deleted all the parameters and re-hard coded the values to see if I somehow broke the report, but it still works. Let me add one parameter at a time, rather than 4, and see where it breaks along the way.<br />
<br />
Otherwise, I'll try to create something similar in the sample DB.
Joe Morgan
OK... I added a single DATE parameter to the report (beginDate) and then mapped that to a parameter for the report. Tried to run it, got a blank screen. If I don't have parameters, it works.
mwilliams
Ok. Can you attach your report design so I can see what your report is set up like?
Joe Morgan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71466" data-time="1292535670" data-date="16 December 2010 - 02:41 PM"><p>
Ok. Can you attach your report design so I can see what your report is set up like?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
OK... I think this is what you're asking for.... but, of course, your data sets, etc., won't work.
mwilliams
I see nothing there that would make it not show up. If you start with a fresh report, do you get this issue? If so, can you try to recreate it with the sample database? Thanks!
Joe Morgan
Here is the same problem against the Classic Models DB (attached). Works without the parameter, but not with one.
Joe Morgan
Sorry, I solved the problem.... Apparently the issue was with my version of Eclipse(Ganymede)/BIRT. I downloaded and installed Helios and things are working now.
What did surprise me, though, is I attempted a full upgrade of all Ganymede plugins, and everything reported up to date. Must have been something wrong with the update in Ganymede as well.
mwilliams
That is very odd. Glad that you were able to upgrade and solve it!!