Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Two tables one after another in BIRT report
kneethan
in my report.rptdesign, I have 3 tables and all of them grouped by common element. currently it is creating document as follows : (Assume my 3 tables A, B,C)
A A A ... B B B ... C C C ...
But I want to have as following : A A A ... B C B C B C ...
... = so and so forth
Any suggestions on how to achieve this ? Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is there any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database and post it in here? Or can you describe in more detail with actual or fake data? I'm not sure I'm fully understanding with just the AAA BBB CCC thing. Thanks!
kneethan
Thanks for the reply. I'm new to BIRT. <br />
What I'm trying to achieve is , we have one report where we are now having three tables such as 'payment received' , invoice summary' and 'Transactions'. So when I print the document I'm getting all the payment received , then all the invoice summary and finally all the Transactions. But I want to have each invoice table and transactions table appear one after another for ease of reading. I'm not sure still I explained the problem clearly?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71461" data-time="1292533048" data-date="16 December 2010 - 01:57 PM"><p>
Is there any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database and post it in here? Or can you describe in more detail with actual or fake data? I'm not sure I'm fully understanding with just the AAA BBB CCC thing. Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
So, you want to have invoices followed by transactions per some specific grouping, like invoices for customer 1 followed by transactions for customer 1, then invoices for customer 2 followd by transactions for customer 2, etc? Or just a page of invoices followed by a page of transactions followed by a page of invoices, etc? Let me know.
kneethan
Yes I want "you want to have invoices followed by transactions per some specific grouping, like invoices for customer 1 followed by transactions for customer 1, then invoices for customer 2 followd by transactions for customer 2, etc "<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71470" data-time="1292539351" data-date="16 December 2010 - 03:42 PM"><p>
So, you want to have invoices followed by transactions per some specific grouping, like invoices for customer 1 followed by transactions for customer 1, then invoices for customer 2 followd by transactions for customer 2, etc? Or just a page of invoices followed by a page of transactions followed by a page of invoices, etc? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Ok. All you need to do here is make a table or list that contains the field for distinct "customernumber" or whatever the key between the two tables is. Then, you embed the invoice and transaction tables into the list/table. If you have dataSet parameters set up to limit these queries, you can set the dataSet parameter binding for each group to the outer "customernumber" value on the binding tab for the embedded table. Otherwise, you just apply filters to the inner tables to be limited by the outer customer value.
Hope this helps.
kneethan
I would like to give more info about the dataset and tables, These tables get dynamic data via dataset. dataset gets data via 'open' and 'fetch' script operations.<br />
from the java side they passing ArrayList as data<br />
Data Set loop through via fetch from the ArrayList list1<br />
Data Set2 loop through via fetch from the ArrayList list2<br />
<br />
we have two data sets : Data Set and Data Set2<br />
Table 'Payment Recieved' uses Data Set and its group by 'name'<br />
Table 'Invoice' uses Data Set and its group by 'name'<br />
Table 'Transaction' uses Data Set2 and its group by 'trnName' <br />
<br />
in the generated report, 'name' and 'trnName' exactly same.<br />
<br />
Could you tell me now how do I tackle this?<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71472" data-time="1292541718" data-date="16 December 2010 - 04:21 PM"><p>
Ok. All you need to do here is make a table or list that contains the field for distinct "customernumber" or whatever the key between the two tables is. Then, you embed the invoice and transaction tables into the list/table. If you have dataSet parameters set up to limit these queries, you can set the dataSet parameter binding for each group to the outer "customernumber" value on the binding tab for the embedded table. Otherwise, you just apply filters to the inner tables to be limited by the outer customer value.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Can you show a small sample of what each table will look like and then what you want your report to look like with that data? I don't know that I understand exactly how you want your tables to blend with each other. Once I know that, I can tell you how to set it up. What I said above should do it, but I can be more detailed with a better idea of what your exact setup is.
kneethan
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="71665" data-time="1293051149" data-date="22 December 2010 - 01:52 PM"><p>
Can you show a small sample of what each table will look like and then what you want your report to look like with that data? I don't know that I understand exactly how you want your tables to blend with each other. Once I know that, I can tell you how to set it up. What I said above should do it, but I can be more detailed with a better idea of what your exact setup is.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
When I tried to upload a reportdesign file it says 'Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file'<br />
How do I attach my reportdesign sample file?
mwilliams
.rptdesign is one of the supported upload types. What is your BIRT version? I know there used to be an issue with BIRT 2.1 files, I think. Not sure if it was solved.