Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add a 'Search' button inside a report?
IN_BIRTY
Hi
I have a requirement to add a "Search" button inside the BIRT report.
For eg., a report list the details of customer number and name. At the top of the report we have a search button which lets the user to search for a customer number.
So if the user enters a customer number and click on search, the page with that customer number details should be displayed.
I have designed the search button in the report but the logic to be written for this functionality is not working out as expected.
Did anyone has come across this scenario?
It would be great if some one can help me in this. (I am using BIRT 2.5.0)
I have attached the sample report with this discussion.
Thanks
Kanya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Your form action is going to something called "search", which if it isn't an context in your web application, is basically going nowhere.
I redid your example. I added in a script in the List that will filter based on what the customer number is, and not add a filter if no customer number is entered. I also modified the HTML element with the search button on the top so that it calls itself with the correct report name and customer number parameter.
John
IN_BIRTY
Hi John
Thank you for your assistance. This works for me!
Thanks
Kanya