Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add a 'Search' button inside a report?
IN_BIRTY
Hi
I have a requirement to add a "Search" button inside the BIRT report.
For eg., a report list the details of customer number and name. At the top of the report we have a search button which lets the user to search for a customer number.
So if the user enters a customer number and click on search, the page with that customer number details should be displayed.
I have designed the search button in the report but the logic to be written for this functionality is not working out as expected.
Did anyone has come across this scenario?
It would be great if some one can help me in this. (I am using BIRT 2.5.0)
I have attached the sample report with this discussion.
Thanks
Kanya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Kanya,
You might have to take the value entered in the search box and run a drill through to bring up that record. You could cause it to pop up in a separate window.
ossvisor
any luck with above ... i am also in the same situation .. i wants to place text boxes in the report and wants to pass report parameter via these text boxes ,,, any suggestion would be appreciative
johnw
Pretty much Michaels solution is the most appropriate. You will just use either the standard Drill Through functionality built into BIRT, or you will use a Text element set to HTML, with the HTML code to call the report viewer and report with the appropriate parameters to search.
ossvisor
thank John ,,,would it be possible to share the snippet of the code where HTML list box is passing the parameter in called report ,,, thanks in advance
Smita Ahinave
<p>I tried all the above but fail...Can any one please tell me steps to create text-based search button in birt report viewer...please help ASAP... </p>
jfranken
<p>I'm not clear from the question if you want to search within a report or open a second report from your original report. If you want to search within a report, this example might help. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>After you run the report, type an ID in the box and hit 'enter'. The code finds the matching ID in the table and highlights it. You can add functionality to perform other actions when there's a match. Note that this report only works for emitters that handle html and JavaScript. I created the report in BRDPro. If you get any warnings when you run the report, you should be able to ignore them and it will run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope this is helpful,</p>
<p>Jeff</p>