Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Legend trouble
cdoniat
Hi everyone,
I did a pie chart. I pointed out when I changed the state Value series/slice/By distance from 0 to 5 for example, the legend area goes into the mess.
Anyone experience that before me? Le me know some clues.
Regards,
Christophe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Is the value used for that slice "" or null?
Seems like it must be data related as there is plenty of room.
cdoniat
Is the value used for that slice "" or null?
>>> Sorry, what do you mean by that? Each legend item has a value not null
Seems like it must be data related as there is plenty of room.
thuston
I mean is the value an empty string ("")?
If you move the legend (top/right vertical/horizontal layout) or resize the chart control does your expected legend value show up?
cdoniat
No, the value is not "" or null.
From the beginning, I didn't change any state of the legend layout. So At a stage, the last item of the legend didn't want to display suddenly.
any clue?
thuston
Please make a new one from scratch and test frequently.
When you find the steps to reproduce, please file a defect on BugZilla.
cdoniat
I did a new one from scratch and I pointed out it was when I change Format/chart/Value Series/Slice/By distance value from 0 to 5 for example, this phenomena appeared.
But, when I wanted to back in the previous step, it didn't work anymore at all.
Where is BugZilla site and what is the process to fill a defect in?
Thanks for you help, anyway.
thuston
Up at the top of this page -> Resources - Report Bugs.
cdoniat
Hi everybody,
So far I haven't any clue to avoid that. Somebody any idea ?
Thanks in advance,
Christophe
cdoniat
Finally I found out this :
Birt 2.6.1
Pie Chart
When one of the row value to show is < 10, the legend doesn't not appear.
Someone experienced that?
I'm trying to find a way to say : "if value < 0, regenerated the related legend"
Thanks for any help
Christophe
cdoniat
issue : I'm trying to find a way to say : "if 0 < value < 10, regenerated the related legend"
I need to make an array of the dataset to get all records in onFetch(), then to pass through onRender() but I can't find the way.
I did for one record as you can see in attached file. But i can do on only one, sadly.
Any help will be appreciated,
Christophe
thuston
There is something wrong with your report or a Defect in the BIRT product appearing because of your data.
Normal Pie charts do not lose legend labels.
Can you recreate the issue with ClassicModels sample data and post it for us to review?
cdoniat
Hi,
Well, I did your asking and I obtained the same issue with a value of zero of credit limit in customers table, see attached file.
I attached the report as well with the same customization of my report.
Christophe
thuston
You did not give the last slice a name.
The Minimum slice aggregates all the slices less than the value.
In the CM example set the minimum slice to 15000. The 11000 slice will merge with the 0 slice and it will have no name (until you populate the 'Slice Label').
If you want to actually remove the small (0) slices, use the Select Data - Filter to get only data > 0.
cdoniat
Hello T (I don't know you firstname, sorry),
aaaaahhh, thanks very much for you help!
I misunderstood the behavior of the Minimum Slice parameter.
Then it excluded the values between 0 and 10.
Thanks again,
Christophe