Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
same name
msrich
W2K TS 5.5.2 + SP2B
Anyone know whether TeamSite has a problem with a file and a folder having the same name?
Seems like if there's an existing folder with the same name as a file being generated, then TeamSite will place the generated file in the folder (not the desired behavior).
Sound familiar? Any ideas? Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think in any filesystem there would be a problem with a file and folder in the same parent folder having the same name, I don't think that's specific to TeamSite.
Log.docx
MattP
This should only be an issue with files that do not have a file extension. Are you dealing with DCRs? I think there is a way to have DCRs take an extension, I remember seeing some posts on this.
I think the teamsite behaviour is correct, but I am surprised it is naming the file. Essentially, you are typing a path into the dialog box. If you folder name is <i>teamsite</i> and in the dialog you type teamsite, it just thinks you want to put a file in that directory. but I would expect it would still ask for a file name, and not put a teamsite file in the teamsite folder.
Good luck
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA