Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Auto column width
bb_andre
Hello Birt-Developers,
I have a little question. We have changed our data source from *.csv to an MySQL server. In this step, we must change our existing reports. Now we have some small columns with to big values in it. Is there a way to size them automaticly ? I have tried everything but nothing changed.
Greetings
Andr? J.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
What type of control are they in?
The rptdesign layout and control type/settings define how the data is rendered.
bb_andre
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="71492" data-time="1292596750" data-date="17 December 2010 - 07:39 AM"><p>
What type of control are they in? <br />
The rptdesign layout and control type/settings define how the data is rendered.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I don?t understand you. What do you mean with "The rptdesign layout and control type/settings" ? Where I can find theses settings ?<br />
<br />
Greetings<br />
Andre
thuston
Perhaps I did not understand you.
I thought you were saying that the data is not fitting in your layout controls.
Is your conversion from CSV to MySQL the problem? The MySQL DB columns will have to be defined large enough to contain the CSV data. (like how Oracle varChar2 has max 4000 Chars, any more and then you must use a CLOB)
bb_andre
The data in the MySQL database and in the report are correct. Only the size of the columns are to small. I thought Birt would "auto-Fit" theam. But in my case it doesn?t do it. All the values are correct !!
thuston
Are you using Fixed Layout? Select the rptdesign and look at Properties General tab.
bb_andre
I have set the "Layout Preference" to "Auto Layout". Is that correct ?